Are you tired of doing the same workouts at home? Are you hitting a plateau within your training? If the answer is yes, then this is sign that you may need to switch up your training. With that said, this is quite normal and in fact very exciting! When we start to make these small changes within our “normal” routine, this is often when we start to see life changing results. Within this blog I’ll be going through 5 exercises that will get you out of your training rut and will help you start seeing results FAST!
Let me introduce you to the COREFX Slam Ball (a favourite of mine). Trust me when I say this tool will soon become your next best friend. I find myself often incorporating the Slam Ball into my training because it’s easy to use and and there are endless amount of exercises options that go along with it! Not to mention the fact that you’ll be shredding fat and building muscle in no time.
If you’re into general athletic training, the COREFX Slam Ball will help:
- Build endurance.
- Increase your muscle mass.
- Improve your hand-eye coordination.
- let your aggression out!
Alright let’s get into it! Below I will be going though a Full Body – Tabata Timer workout!
- Work – 30 Seconds
- Rest – 10 Seconds
- Movements/Exercises – 6
- Sets – 4
- Time/Duration: 16 Minutes
Start with legs shoulder width apart
- Open the hips as you squat down while
maintaining a strong core and keeping
the back flat
- Keep the ball close to the body as you
come up while extending your arms at
- Slam the ball to the ground
- Repeat this motion continuously
Start in a kneeling position with both
legs at 90 degrees
- keep your torso upright and eyes
- Start by lifting the knee a few inches
off the ground and keeping the Slam
ball at chest level
- Begin the movement by jumping and
switching legs repeatedly
Twist & Toss:
- Start with your entire back and Legs off
the floor in a V position
- Rotate the ball to one side then stop in
- Press the ball and toss as high as you
can then repeat on the other side
- Take your time with this one
Start in a high plank position
- Maintain a solid core throughout the
- Drive one knee in towards the ball
- Alternate your legs and repeat in a
Supine Floor Toss:
Start with the back and feet flat on the
- Keep the slam ball at chest level, push
the ball with force until arms are fully
- Catch and repeat
To end things off, I hope that after reading this you have learned some new Slam Ball exercises that you can add to your next full body workout at home. Just remember, if you’re consistent, and hungry for change I can ensure you that these exercises will take your training to the next level.
**Make sure to stay tuned for our next blog, where we’ll be showing you a great workout with the Suspension Trainer!