Hey you! What are you doing!!? There are only 3 and a half months left of summer and you haven’t had an outside workout yet!? Well lucky for you, I am here to give you a little motivation! If you find yourself having trouble figuring out what type of workouts to do outside, I am here to change that! It’s time to break out of those 4 walls and low ceilings and into an ambiance of blue sky’s, hot weather, nature, a beach, and some vitamin D! The outside world is like the Disney land of workout space, with an endless amount of possibilities!
Take my hand, now please let go… I am about to detail a few ways you can use awesome outdoor equipment to get creative, have fun and take your outside workout to the next level!
Working out outside and not utilizing a Battle Rope to help you burn fat and get ripped is like going to a pool and forgetting your bathing suit at home… like come on are you serious!? This piece of equipment is a must have! All you need is somewhere to wrap the long rope around like a tree stump, the legs on a park bench, a street pole, your boyfriend or girlfriends ankles … (okay maybe not the last one) but you get my drift! Find somewhere to wrap the rope around and bring the 2 handles together in front of whatever you used to wrap the rope around and voila! There are many different ways you can use the battle ropes. Check below for a few ways to use the Battle Ropes with your next outside workout!
- Sit down in a squat position
- Hold both ends of the battle rope in each hand
- Alternate both arms moving them up and down with force
- Continue at FULL speed and power for 10 -15 seconds
- Go for 15 seconds, rest for 20 seconds and repeat x10
1 arm rope slam
- Grab a handle of the battle rope
- Sit down into a squat position
- Explode out raising your arm in the air as high as it can go while extending your legs and upper body all at the same time
- From your extended position slam the rope down as hard as you can so it hits the ground
- Repeat the above motions from 1-4 with as much power and force as you can!! If you are not tired after 15 seconds max your intensity is too low!
- Go for 20 seconds and rest for 20 seconds and repeat x10
This is a great fat burning body sculpting weapon every outside training warrior should have in their arsenal! All you need is a flat surface you can throw it at. I recommend a wall from a near by building or a fence! Get creative! If you can’t find a wall or a fence there are also many ways to use this outdoor workout tool without needing a flat surface!!
Squat with power throw:
- Find an open area
- Hold the ball directly in front of you
- Lower your body into a squat
- Power up and explode upwards from your squat throwing the ball as high in the air as possible over your head
- Run to the ball as fast as you can and repeat steps 1-4.
- Remember to engage your core/ abs by keeping a neutral spine and tightening them up during the power up and follow through over your head.
- Go for 30 seconds and then rest for 30 seconds and repeat x10
Wall ball force throw:
- Find a wall or something that can absorb a hit from a wall ball. This doesn’t have to be the wall from games of thrones, all you need is a flat surface! Fences work great too
- Stand in front of the wall with the ball in front of your chest
- Squat down keeping your spine neutral while holding the ball at chest level.
- Explode out from your squat throwing the ball directly forward by extending your arms towards the wall from the squat position.
- Use your core legs and upper body to power through the throw!
- Repeat steps 1-4
- Go for 30 seconds and rest for 30 seconds and repeat x10
The above workout tool box brings you a few items among many that you can use in a creative, fun and fat torching way that will have you seeing results in no time!
With the never ending benefits of working out outside, and your COREFX toolbox with the latest in fat burning and body sculpting, you are ready for battle! It’s time to enjoy yourself have some fun, get creative and break a sweat for crying out loud! Without further ado … I now dub you an outside warrior, let’s get moving!
This is a guest post featuring: Master Trainer, Jason Christo
Jason Christo is a Master Trainer and health and wellness author of over 10 years, that has helped people around the world realize their health and body goals. This former semi professional athlete has a degree in psychology which he has used to expand into his fitness business with an approach that always includes motivational and empowering components specifically designed to give his clients the edge. He is an outside the box trainer that tests the limits of what people think they can achieve in order to get them to places they never thought possible.
For 10% off all COREFX products make sure to use coupon code: CFXSUMMER
Offer expires June 1, 2018!